Thursday, February 8, 2007

My Time At Honolulu William C. Maacket Memorial YMcA

Honolulu - William C. Macket Central YMCA: The Hokum Just Keeps On Coming
Febrary 5, 2007

Today at 7:30 the 2nd floor bathroom is locked, with a sign instructing those on the 2nd floor to use the 3rd floor bathroom. When I return and begin to dress I find that papers and a phone card I had in my shirt pocket are missing.

I call "Honolulu's Finest", that's the police department to make a report. When the officer K. Nishimura arrives he begins nicely enough, then when I ask questions, things take a turn for the worst. The Honolulu Police Department does not like questions from the public.

This is a phenomenum that pervades Hawaii's official agencies. Nishimura begins to accuse me of being uncooperative, and in the attitude of Officer Kehele and the other at the check point and the first officer to respond to my call about the bowl missing refuses to take my report if I do not agree with any procedure he initiates.

I will go downtown and try to report this without further hinderance. P.S. Before my attempted report to Officer Nishimura, he asks for my identification and begins to call it into the walkie-talkie he is carrying.

I ask him why he is doing this and he says he wants to make sure that I am who I say I am. Not in the previous 4 times I have made a report to the Honolulu, P.D., did anyone ask for my I.D. and call it in i.e. run a make on me as the victim or the one reporting a possible crime. But then this is not the first time the HPD or other official agency in Hawaii makes arbitrary decisions.

No comments: